Monday, August 20, 2007

UNMENTIONABLES opens Aug. 27!

Hey there, amazing friends & family!

Okay, yes, I've been in DC since July 30 and no one's heard from me. But there's a good reason, I promise! Check out the full "Why I was in the hospital" story below. No reason to freak out anymore, thank god; I'm doing MUCH better. For those of you who have known, thank you for all your good wishes!

I have also decided NOT to move to California (which some of you knew I was considering). If you want more details, email me, but suffice it to say that my health & family are coming first. :)

So now that I'm all better, my new show, THE UNMENTIONABLES by Bruce Norris, is going up at Woolly Mammoth Aug. 27-Sept. 23. I play a do-gooder stuck in a crazy situation in Africa; it's very funny and very biting!

Synopsis from Woolly's website:
Bruce Norris’s explosive satire launches the Woolly season after startling audiences during its world premiere last fall at Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre. Thanks to their missionary zeal, a motley collection of do-gooder Americans stirs up tension and trouble in an isolated African village. A wealthy entrepreneur, a pair of Christian charity workers and a flamboyant government official get caught in a web of good intentions and bad judgments in this scathingly funny and provocative new work.

Pay-what-you-can previews are:
next Mon & Tues, Aug 27 & 28 at 8pm
(VERY popular - try to come early!)
and for the exact Wed-Sat at 8, Sun at 2 & 7 schedule thereafter,
visit http://www.woollymammoth.net/.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE SHOW FOR FREE:
Our final dress will be this Saturday, Aug. 25, at 8pm.
Please do show up; we'd love to have some audience response before we head into preview week!

It's a truly amazing show with a fabulous director (Pam MacKinnon); incredible cast includes Naomi Jacobson, Tim Getman, Dawn Ursula, Charles Hyman, Kofi Owusu, John Livingston Rolle, James J. Johnson, and James Foster, Jr.; and should anything happen to me again, the lovely and talented Tonya Beckman Ross will step into my hiking boots.

Hope to see you there!

Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company
7th & D Sts. NW, Washington, DC
Closest metros are Gallery Place/Chinatown and Archives/Navy Memorial.

Hope your summer's been fabulous...
I love you all!
Hugs,
Marni

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM , Blogger Biz Minded Actor said...

you rock!

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger theladyhamlet said...

Thanks, Dionne!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home