Thursday, April 26, 2007

Performing in NYC May 8-10!

Hey there, amazing friends and family!

TWO Chances to see me in the next 10 days!!! Whooppee!!! Once onstage, once off. Read on.

1) Those of you in NYC have been asking me, "When are you going to perform in New York???" Well, this one came up fast... I'll be performing in two 10-minute plays as part of the National MFA Playwrights' Festival at the Atlantic Theatre Company's Stage Two May 8-10!

As there are only four performances, and they're midweek, it may preclude people from coming, but here's the info:

Tue-Wed, May 8-9, @ 7:30pm
Thurs, May 10 @ 4pm and 8pm
at Atlantic Theatre Company, Stage Two
330 W. 16th St. (between 8th/9th Aves.)

It's an Equity Showcase, so Equity members are free if there's space, all others are $18.
No credit card needed; reserve tix at theatermasters@gmail.com or by calling (970) 948-9484 , then pay cash at the door. That's it! Hope you can make it (esp. at the matinee, it's for industry)!
In its inaugural year, the festival will feature nine ten-minute plays; one playwright was selected from each of the top University MFA playwriting programs: Brown, Columbia, NYU, Carnegie-Mellon, Northwestern, Iowa, UCLA, UCSD, and the University of Texas at Austin.

My shows are called PLANS by Rachael Brogan (where I drink wine, eat hummus, and discuss killing my husband with former CSFer Deb Heinig), and DUMB LUCK by Joshua Tobieson (where I've won $27 million in the lottery and try to duck greedy relatives). Should be lots of fun!

2) Also: COME OUT WITH ME & JACK tomorrow, Wed. May 2 to see my friend Katy Pfaffl playing at JOE'S PUB! Doors open at 11pm; $10 cover. More info at http://www.katypfaffl.com.

This is a very important show for Katy; come with me! I promise you'll have a blast. Apparently, tickets are selling FAST, so if you want to order in advance, Joe's Pub's # is: 212-967-7555 or go to http://www.joespub.com.

Almost all of you have heard me mention Katy at some point; she's an INCREDIBLE singer/songwriter poised on the knife-edge of superstardom... several of her songs are up on YouTube, but this is my favorite, called "Dirty Little Secret." http://youtube.com/watch?v=MkLhV1UjPJ4

I will definitely be there; hope you can make it, too! And I hope you can come catch my show, brief though it may be. I'd love to see each of you!

Lastly, I can't be there, unfortunately, but if you're free tonight, there's a fundraiser for the Australian/American theatre company I work with (The Production Company) and three other companies at chashama - 217 East 42nd St, NYC, from 6:30-9:30. $25 at the door... great networking opportunity! More info at http://www.productioncompany.org.

I miss you all!
Hope all is well in your necks of your respective woods...
Let me know how things are going!

Big hugs,
Marni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home