Monday, April 09, 2007

Back in NYC Again!

Happy Easter/Passover/Spring Break, my fabulous friends and family! Long time, no mention of me, I know.

Enough people have said, "Where the heck are you?" that I realized it's been a while since my last MarniWatch.

So I'll update details:

I'm back in NYC right now!
(Catch me while you can...) :) I just got finished with an AMAZING run of Pinter's THE LOVER at RepStage in MD, and am hangin' with Jack and Nicole, working when I can, and updating my website (finally!) I'd love to see as many of you as I can, so email me for coffee while I'm home! Let's get together!

Coaching again: 10% discount through June 15!
Since I'm only home through June, and enough people have said they want to work out some monologues with me, there's no time like the present. My usual fee is $50/hr, but for the next two months, you can get me for only $45! Call me at 212-802-8557 and we'll work something out. I have a midtown location, or I can come to you. Your choice. See you soon!

New film trailer and print photos on my website!!!
Check it out: the short film UNINVITED by Jonathan Betzler is coming out soon, and it's a great showcase for me! The whole trailer is about two minutes, and features four different looks for yours truly... it will be very exciting. For the print photos... read on!

Just finished shooting the NYU short film CHECKOUT
...by the very talented young filmmaker Nardeep Khurmi. I play a mom who takes her 12-year-old to the supermarket at midnight to try to decide whether to leave her abusive husband. Very cool. Will let you know where this goes!

Theatre work: I'm booked June through September...
Which I'm very excited about! Come see me this summer! I've got leading roles in:
and some very exciting stuff in the hopper... I'll keep you posted!

So that's what's up with me; check out stuff by my sisters & friends, too:

-My sisters' websites are up & running:

  • Lisa's jewelry is absolutely stunning, and she just got FOUR pieces of her artwork accepted to a show in Madison, WI that will travel to Chicago! Yay, Lisa! Check her stuff out at: http://www.lisapenning.com/
  • Rebecca's garden is beautiful, and she's started a website with a blooming calendar so that people around the world can share their gardens with each other; if you've got a green thumb, you definitely have to check her out: http://realgardensbyzone.com

-Two friends have shows on Discovery Networks; check them out...

  • Nathan Lyon went to high school and college with me, and now has his own cooking show A Lyon in the Kitchen now showing on Thursday nights at 10pm on Discovery Health; he's an incredible cook! His philosophy is that you should buy local produce for the freshest meals. Need recipes? Go here.
  • and Victoria Stilwell is the SuperNanny of the canine crowd. Having problems with your pooch? You have to check out her show It's Me or the Dog on Animal Planet, starting April 16. It's being shown in 20 countries worldwide, and has finally come to the US! Go, Vikki!!!!!

-Alex Borghi, who took these pics of me, is new to NYC, and is therefore having a headshot special: $200 gets you an all-digital session with three changes and two prints! He was really fun to work with. Check him out at http://www.alexborghiphoto.com/

-and my friend Joanna Parson is doing a "Create Your Own Work" fundraiser to benefit New Orleans kids on April 14; go to http://www.joannaparson.com/ to find out more.

There's exciting stuff for me in store for the rest of 2007... I'll keep you informed, I promise!

Much love and happiness of the season to all of you,
Marni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home