Tuesday, June 20, 2006

One week left in Pittsburgh!

Hey there, my wonderful friends and family!

Well, six weeks have flown by, and I'm nearly done here in Pittsburgh. Which means there's only one week left to catch The School for Scandal at Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre!

Check out this pic of me in costume! I think it's one of the most beautiful I've ever had the pleasure of wearing! (Thanks to the fabulously talented Joan Markert...) Here's a few of the things they're saying about me in the show:


"Good as [the] men are, it's the ladies who hold the upper hand and carry the day here. As Mrs. Candour, Sheila McKenna bustles industriously with her endless supply of cheery slanders, false concerns and over-embellished tidbits as does Marni Penning's self-composed and designing Lady Sneerwell." -- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review


"
There's solid support on every hand... Marni Penning has Lady Sneerwell's bitchy comedy down pat..." -- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"...this powerhouse of a cast does very well indeed, including Marni Penning, Matt Gaydos, Roger Jerome, Douglas Rees and Vanessa Mandeville Morosco." -- Pittsburgh City Paper

Five shows left! For tickets and info, go to http://www.picttheatre.org/tickets.html.

THEN: I head back to NYC this Sunday! And for those of you who have been wanting to see my work in New York, my next show, Not Our Last Hurrah as part of The Australia Project, goes into rehearsal that day!

Our performances are:
Thursday-Saturday, June 29-30 and July 1 at 8pm

and Sunday, July 2 at 3pm

at: The Kraine Theater, 85 E. 4th Street (between 2nd & 3rd), NYC 10003
Closest subway is the F train to 2nd Avenue.

For tickets and more info, go to
http://www.theatermania.com/content/show.cfm/show/121296

We're part of "Program Three". I hope you can make it!

I've missed you all, and can't wait to get back to NY to see you. And... I've made a commitment to stick around for a while, as well.
Thanks for all of your support while I've been gone!
Love and hugs,
Marni

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Blogger shagwash said...

you are the star, and
sososososo gorgeous!
so proud of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home